Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Wooden Box Beachy Redo....


I believe this box was in the throw away pile at school.

It had some stains in the wood but I thought it just needed a little makeover.


If you visited our mosaic series, you might remember it from here:


I never did show it to you all finished up.


This was it before the final grouting.


Here it is after.



Do you notice a problem?

One of these things is not like the others....

My daughter noticed right away when I said that to her.



One of the corner shells fell off before I grouted it. 

 So I put it back on. 

 I did not notice the problem until it dried.

Now I am just going to pretend I did that on purpose so it would be easier to lift the top....

The inside and outside of the bottom of the box got a couple coats of Americana Chalkiy Finish paints in Escape and Primitive.



I am loving tan and beachy blues together right now...

The stains are all gone...


Here is the back of the lid.


I added a little Sea poem from a discarded children's poetry book with Americana Decoupage.



Now it's ready to hold treasures.


A pretty good makeover if I do say so myself...




Thanks for stopping by...

We will be joining as many of these great blogs as we can.

No comments: