Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Favorite Creation.... Etched Bullet Casing Necklace


Have you ever made a piece that just makes you so stinkin' happy every time you look at it?

There are a few pieces that I created that always bring me joy.

This necklace is one.....


I started with an old spoon....

Cut off the handle and bent what was left to make a bail.

Both sides were stamped with StazOn ink and then etched.

Another spoon handle was stamped with LOVE....

And wrapped with lots of balled wires.




I made the chain with rebar wire... 

Each link was formed, soldered and hammered.


I added each link as I was soldering them.


I love the rich rustic patina...


Old silk blouses from the thrift store were torn into strips and tied on....


Have you priced silk by the yard?

Ouch!

Thrift stores are my favorite source of silk...

It used to make my daughter crazy that I could run my hand along the rack and pull them out so easily.

We spent an afternoon practicing.

She is a pro now.

She gets sad when I say I don't need any more silk right now....


Then there is the etched bullet casing....

Soooo gorgeous....

I have been totally inspired by Lynne Spurlock and her work with bullet casings.

She is an ingenious artist!

Following her lead, I have been playing with etching bullet casings and using them in jewelry designs.


Here is one side of the etched spoon...

Great text and prose...



The other side is a faint baby face...

You can see it if you look close.


Sweet little mixed chains become a fun tassel from the bullet casing....


Ahhhhh...

It just makes me happy.

Every

Time

I

See

It!


I hope creating brings you endless joy like that.

Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these amazing blogs.

No comments: