Monday, January 19, 2015

A Couple of Cards to Make...

Another post with handmade cards....

I tend to create designs that use paper scraps.

I keep my paper scraps in a couple of clear plastic shoe boxes.

Anything that does not get used in a card making session goes into the boxes when I clean up.

This means the next time I make cards, new items get paired together.

The first card today starts with a printed card blank.

I usually pick those up on sale or clearance.

They save a step of adhering a printed background.

I added an embossed red scrap.

I punched several flowers from tissue paper and crumpled them up.

Then I smoothed them out, layered them and glued them in place with a great big rhinestone for the center.

I stamped my greeting on a scrap of white cardstock.

I love the look of a little banner so I trimmed out a v of paper from the left side.

Pop dots are my best friend when card making.

I added the banner to the card with a couple to add dimension.

To finish it off, I glued another punched flower and small rhinestone to the greeting.


You can do any occasion or theme with the basic design.

Often if I am making cards, I will do a variety with the same format.

It saves time once I get going.

The next card uses little paper scraps to make a sweet banner.


Add a blue background a little smaller than your card.


Freehand cut a cloud shape from white card stock.


Cut it in half (It will do 2 cards).


Glue the half cloud to the top of the card and stamp the greeting of your choice.


Clip little triangles from paper scraps.


Glue them in an arc.


Cut a piece of cotton twine and tie a bow on each end.



The last card today uses a few die cuts.

I die cut a tree and embossed it first.

Then I punched a few circles and embossed them.

I tore a piece of green paper that was the same width as the card for grass.

Then I just glued them all together.


I hope you saw something you can use.

Sometimes the simplest thing can inspire me:texture, patterns, shapes, color combinations....

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: