Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Craft Show and a Donation....

A few weeks back, I went to a local craft show.

While it has not been the most profitable one for years, it is just down the road from me and I run into lots of people I know.

It was a pretty winter day and a rather quiet show. 

 I did have a major highlight for the day though.

An old friend brought me box of her old craft supplies.

Lots of little bits and baubles...

Wiggle eyes, pom poms, sequins, etc.

She said she was meeting a friend who also was bringing some of her old supplies.

Well....

did she ever!

There were 2 bags of supplies and a box of jars full of buttons.

I could not wait to share them with you... 

So here goes!


These are the good stuff...

Old buttons in old jars...



She had already sorted them by color.



The jars are even pretty cool.



I just kept turning the jars and looking at the buttons...

So happy.

And then I started to spill them out to show you...

It just got better and better...



I am not the kind of lady to squeal, but these make me want to.

Aren't they gorgeous?



My head is dancing with ideas for all these little darlings.



Truth be told, these will most likely be hoarded for a long time....

Too special to use...

I may use one or two here and there, but the collection will stay intact for the most part.



Did you see that crown button?

It is perfect for about 100 ideas so I will take forever to decide which idea is worthy of that button...



I even love their grubby goodness.

I have not cleaned any of them yet.



Decades of dirt...

These wooden ones are fabulous too.



They make me think of vintage toys.

Must be the colors...



When I get the courage to use some of these, I will be sure to show you....

These were the highlight of that day...

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: