Thursday, April 30, 2015

Oh My Stars! Rustic Polymer Clay Set

Do you ever think about why some things are interesting to you?

My style is ever-changing and my interests are broad and varied.

I am eclectic.

I love cottage chic, country, primitive, tribal, steam punk, modern, classic and more.

I have a friend that says she can tell my pieces...that they have a voice.

I don't always see a connection between the different series.

These grungy, primitive disks and stars are so much fun to make but once they are done, they sit in my printer's tray and wait to become a part of a whole.

When I made these pieces, they were for a magazine challenge.

The colors and stars are not normally something I would do.


But I liked the challenge.


And I like the way they turned out.


I find lately I love fibers/silk and I love steel findings.

Sort of the strong and soft together....


And I like the colors though they are not ones I would have created without the challenge.


I have been thinking a lot lately about artists.

How some create a body of work that is a slow progression through their medium.

And about others who try multiple styles and mediums...exploring as much as they can.


I am definitely in the second group.

I love a new challenge.

To me, there is no such thing as failure....

Just learning a way NOT to do something.


For me, there is great joy in re-purposing things and creating things.

I cannot imagine a life without those two activities.



Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: