Sunday, May 10, 2015

Faux Bone Necklace for Sculpey

I am so very proud to have one of my necklaces featured on the Sculpey website.

You can see the full tutorial here.

I took a ton of photos before I sent the necklace.

It is one of my favorite pieces.


I took photos with different tops.


To me, it has a primitive, bohemian quality.


I worked on coming up with a fox bead I liked.

This one was one of my favorites towards the end of the development phase.


I think the necklace takes on an entirely different tone with this coral top.


I personally would wear it with denim.


The faux bone technique is easy and addictive to make.


I also started playing with a white background for photos.

I used to have a light box in the house my husband made me that had tissue paper sides for diffused light.

It always had a yellow cast to the photos that I did not like.

I like these much better.


My very favorite were the photos I did in natural settings.

I feel they really suit the piece.



This one on the stone by my pond is the one Sculpey chose.


I am glad I did not have to choose because I liked so many of the natural settings like this one.



And this one.


Lucky for me, it was overcast for about 30 minutes when I did most of these photos.


I cannot wait to play some more with this technique.



What are your thoughts?


Thanks for stopping by....


No comments: