Friday, August 28, 2015

Scarlet

One color I almost never use exclusively in designs is red.

I am not sure why.

I love red.

Red cars, red accents, red birds...

This necklace and bracelet set uses scarlet beads and wood beads with leather.

Oh, and a tiny bit of bling.


It is also a fun way to play with knotting and design.


The necklace is strung on waxed linen cord first.


The leather cord is added as a design element afterwards.


My handmade wire components are perfect for this design.


I like the wooden beads too.


I guess I just love natural components.


I made a little triple strand bracelet to go with it.


It is also strung on waxed linen thread first and then the leather cord elements are added.


One challenge I always face when making jewelry is to make it smaller.

I have large wrists, so to fit me it needs to be big.

For most everyone else, I have to make it too small for me.


This one is like that.

Too small for me.

Perfect for someone  else.


Thanks for stopping by....

                   Linking up with these great blogs.

No comments: