Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Workbench Wednesday: Polymer Bead Finishes

Sorry for the lack of Workbench Wednesdays.

I never stop working but sometimes I do forget to go take photos.

Here is a shot of an area I recently cleaned off and can now work on.

Before it had my vintage printer's trays full of vintage baubles on it.

  I got some new studio storage though so the trays got moved to there.

Which freed up this space.


Working on beads.

Actually, that is an understatement.

I have been bead obsessed.


These Metallic Lustres from DecoArt are amazing.

I use my fingers to rub the color into the beads.

I love the tactile process.


After they dry, I buff them with a soft cloth.

I will also seal them.


See?

Beady goodness.


Yup, bead obsessed.

As I make and fall in love with some of them, they start to live in my mind and work their way into new designs.

All in my head for now.

My hands are busy making the beads.


Here they are before the Metallic Lustres.

I use white Sculpey and dye my beads.

It allows me to get all new colors and finishes.


These things are to die for.


And they have expanded their line of colors to include some luscious new pastels.

As well as some bold colors like red and orange.



I usually work with one color at a time and see how the color looks against the dyed beads and focals.


Just a few that have been buffed.


There are still so many beads to be done....


Ahhhhh.....

The possibilities...


Is your head dancing as much as mine right now?


Thanks for stopping by.....

No comments: